All applicants are required to supply the Board with a full set of fingerprints upon submittal of application for licensure/certification. Please click HERE for further information and instructions.
The Professional Engineer (PE) Application Forms are fillable .PDF forms. The latest version of the FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader should be installed to complete the forms. The application and Part A of the Engagement Record and Reference Forms MUST be typed or completed online. Handwritten forms will not be accepted.
We suggest that you print a copy and complete it by hand. When you're sure all the answers are complete, open the online file again and enter your responses on the form, print it, sign it, copy it, and mail the original with all required documentation. Be sure to make a copy for your own files.
PLEASE NOTE: If you experience problems with any of these forms, you should upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Information regarding the Application Process
- Application Instructions (READ THESE FIRST)
- Quarters and Processing Timeframes
- Application for License as a Civil Engineer
- Engagement Record and Reference Form Instructions for Civil Engineer
- Application for License as a Traffic Engineer
- Application for License as a Professional Engineer
- Instructions for Professional Engineer Engagement Record and Reference Form
- Information on What Constitutes a Satisfactory Reference
- Engagement Record and Reference Form (You must provide the envelopes)
- Information Collection and Access (Print a copy for each reference)
- Exam Reference Materials Information
- Examination Schedule and Final Filing Dates
- California Laws and Board Rules examination (formerly known as the "Take-home exam")