Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists
NEW AND IMPORTANT UPDATES
- ANNOUNCED AUGUST 4, 2020 - Fall 2020 NCEES Paper and Pencil Examinations Update - Despite NCEES’s efforts to accommodate all approved examination candidates in California by adding an additional day of testing, the overall volume of candidates together with adherence to currently mandated local and regional safety and physical distancing protocols has resulted in examination locations that have nearly reached allowable capacity. NCEES is actively evaluating all viable alternatives to accommodate additional approved California candidates. BPELSG is continuing to monitor this situation with NCEES and expects to provide more information within the next two weeks. We encourage all interested parties to monitor any new examination information at https://ncees.org/october-2020-exam-administration-updates/
- ADDED JULY 16, 2020 - The Board's 2020 Summer Bulletin is now available.
- UPDATED JUNE 24, 2020 - 2020 California-state Examination
As the Board prepares to resume testing for state exams at Prometric test centers on July 1, 2020, we encourage eligible candidates who have not yet scheduled their 2020 examinations to do so as soon as possible. Prometric has established a link for exam candidates to view a list of test centers that currently have availability and another link for current test center requirements for test-takers. Note: the Board has been designated as an ‘Essential’ client. This should provide added eligibility for the exam candidate.
Prometric website for up-to-date information:
UPDATED WITH NEW INFORMATION - JUNE 12, 2020 - While California continues to navigate the uncertainty of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and limit its spread, the Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists is committed to supporting our licensees, applicants, and consumers, as well as our staff, throughout the course of this pandemic and to providing continuity of service at all times. The Board is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation, coordinating with state and local governments, and working with our partners to protect the health of Californians.
The Board Office will reopen to the general public on Monday, June 15, 2020. However, we strongly encourage everyone to continue utilizing our online resources for applications, examination information, license renewals, complaint submission, license verification, contacting Board staff via email, and viewing the latest Board news. Anyone visiting the office is reminded that physical distancing protocols will be in effect, and we ask that visitors wear masks.
More information about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms and prevention can be found HERE.
- NOTICED MAY 14, 2020 - Notice Regarding Examination Scheduling for Qualified 2020 Civil Examination Candidates.
- ANNOUNCED APRIL 22, 2020 - Prometric has announced today that the temporary closure of their test centers in the United States and Canada has been extended through May 31st, 2020. Prometric will contact all exam candidates who are scheduled for exams during this period and will cancel their original testing appointment in Quarter 2. Those eligibilities will then be processed for eligibility in Quarter 3. Once the Board receives acknowledgement that all eligible names are ready for scheduling in Quarter 3, the Board will email you a new ATT notice for Quarter 3.
If you are a civil engineer exam candidate for a California state exam in Quarter 2, you do not need to do anything at this time. We will send you a new ATT notice and then you can contact Prometric to schedule your exam during Quarter 3.
Please be advised that Prometric continuously updates its website with current information. You can visit their website at: https://www.prometric.com/
- ANNOUNCED APRIL 22, 2020 - Message to all examination candidates.
- ANNOUNCED APRIL 3, 2020 - As a result of the ongoing pandemic of COVID-19, and in a continuing effort to protect the public health and well-being, the California State Professional Land Surveyor examination scheduled to be administered at Prometric test centers on April 16, 2020, has been cancelled. All fees for eligible examination candidates will be automatically forwarded to the next scheduled administration of the examination on October 27, 2020. Prometric will contact eligible examination candidates in the next several weeks to reschedule the examination. If you are unable to attend the October 27, 2020 examination, please contact the Board’s Licensing Manager, Candace Cummins, at Candace.Cummins@dca.ca.gov or (916) 263-2254 for further assistance.
- POSTED MARCH 20, 2020 - The Board has received inquiries from licensees about whether their work is considered "essential" under Executive Order N-33-20, issued by Governor Gavin Newsom on March 19. However, the Board does not have the authority to make this determination. The Executive Order provided a stay at home order except as needed to maintain the continuity of operations of the federal critical infrastructure sectors. The Executive Order referred to the Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), which provides guidance regarding the identification of essential critical infrastructure workers. CISA has prepared a document to provide guidance when determining whether your business provides essential or non-essential services and whether you should remain open. You should also check with your local county health department to determine what activities are also considered essential and non-essential.
- UPDATED MARCH 17, 2020 - NCEES has announced that the April 2020 paper-and-pencil exam administration has been canceled and that its computer-based testing (CBT) examinations have temporarily ceased to be administered through at least April 16, 2020. Please visit their website for additional details and information: ncees.org/COVID-19. Questions regarding the NCEES examinations should be directed to NCEES at NCEES.org or 800-250-3196.
- FRAUD SCAM ALERT DECEMBER 20, 2019 - The Board and the Department of Consumer Affairs have been made aware of a fraud scam targeting licensees. Read the Department's Fraud Scam Alert for more information about the scam and tips on how to avoid and report fraud scams.