Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists
NEW AND IMPORTANT UPDATES
- ANNOUNCED MAY 10, 2022 - The Board requests your professional experience as it relates to the practice of Civil Engineering with respect to Seismic Principles in today’s workplace. The results of the following questionnaire will assist the Board with the development of the California Civil - Seismic Principles exam for the purposes of issuing a civil engineer license. Click on the following link to access the survey before the June 10, 2022 deadline. https://survey.prometric.com/jfe/form/SV_0AgGr9dqJVuqaV0
- ANNOUNCED APRIL 29, 2022 - The Board requests your professional experience as it relates to the practice of Civil Engineering with respect to engineering surveying in today’s workplace. The results of the following questionnaire will assist the Board with the development of the California Civil - Engineering Surveying exam for the purposes of issuing a civil engineer license. Click on the following link to access the survey before the May 27, 2022 deadline. https://survey.prometric.com/jfe/form/SV_3w7n6z60AVMvgZU
- ADDED APRIL 29, 2022 - This Addendum relating to Assembly Bill 1662 replaces Pages 30 through 36 of the previously-published meeting materials for the May 2-3, 2022, Board meeting.
- ADDED APRIL 25, 2022 - The Meeting Materials for the May 2-3, 2022 meeting of the Board are now available.
- NOTICED APRIL 21, 2022 - The Official Notice and Agenda for the May 2-3, 2022 meeting of the Board is now available.
- ADDED APRIL 5, 2022 - The Winter 2022 Board Bulletin is now available.
- ANNOUNCED MARCH 3, 2022 - NCEES is currently seeking licensed professional surveyors and mapping scientists to participate in a professional activities and knowledge study, or PAKS, for the Principles and Practice of Surveying (PS) exam. The results of this study will be used to update the specifications for the exam, which is used throughout the United States for licensing purposes.
The questionnaire can be completed in 35–45 minutes. Click on the following link to access the online questionnaire before the May 30, 2022 deadline.
- ANNOUNCED FEBRUARY 22, 2022 - The Board is currently experiencing an unanticipated high volume of new applications submitted. Board staff is diligently working to process all applications as expeditiously as possible. To check the status of your application, login to your Connect account and view the status on your dashboard. See the status definitions for additional information. If your application is in a deficient status, you need to resolve the deficiency as soon as possible to prevent delays in the processing of your application.
- ANNOUNCED DECEMBER 24, 2021 - Beginning in 2022, all NCEES exams will be administered via Computer-Based Testing (CBT), with the exception of the Structural Engineer (SE) exam. Please contact NCEES with any questions regarding their exams at www.NCEES.org
The PE 16-hour Structural exam will be the only exam offered in pencil-and-paper format, and it will be offered at select locations beginning with the April 2022 administration. Additional information can be found on the NCEES website.
The Spring pencil-and-paper exam will be administered on April 21 and 22, 2022.
- The Vertical Forces component of the SE exam will be administered only on Thursday, April 21.
- The Lateral Forces component of the SE exam will be administered only on Friday, April 22.
More information is available here: https://ncees.org/april-2022-pe-structural-exam-administration/.
Registration for the Spring NCEES opened December 13, 2021, and will close for examinees at 3:00 p.m. eastern time on February 24, 2022.
- ANNOUNCED NOVEMBER 10, 2021 - About BPELSG Connect - The Board is pleased to announce the release of BPELSG Connect 3.5 which features the addition of application submittal/processing for both Civil Engineer and Land Surveyor licenses and refinements to existing application functionality. In September 2020, the Board launched Phase 1 of its new integrated application and license management system. The first phase of the Board’s system, known as BPELSG Connect, successfully transitioned the Engineer-in-Training (EIT) and Land Surveyor-in-Training (LSIT) application process to an online process which can be managed both by the applicant and Board staff and additionally launched a new online complaint submittal process. In January 2021, Phase 2 launched which included the ability for all current license holders to renew their license(s) through the Connect online portal. And in June 2021, Phase 3 launched with functionality extending the ability for applicants to submit applications for Professional Engineer licenses which do not require a state exam component.
- UPDATED JULY 8, 2021 - FRAUD SCAM ALERT - The Board and the Department of Consumer Affairs have been made aware of a fraud scam targeting licensees. Read the Department's Fraud Scam Alert for more information about the scam and tips on how to avoid and report fraud scams.
- ANNOUNCED JANUARY 6, 2021 - Expedited Licensure for Refugees, Asylees, and Holders of Special Immigrant Visas.
Starting January 1, 2021, individuals in the following categories who apply for licensure by the Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists may seek an expedited licensure process.
- Refugees pursuant to section 1157 of title 8 of the United States Code;
- Those granted asylum by the Secretary of Homeland Security or the Attorney General of the United States pursuant to section 1158 of title 8 of the United States Code; or,
- Individuals with a special immigrant visa that have been granted a status pursuant to section 1244 of Public Law 110-181, Public Law 109-163, or section 602(b) of title VI of division F of Public Law 111-8.
In order to receive the expedited licensure process, individuals must provide documentation of their refugee, asylee, or special immigrant visa status when submitting their application package. Please note that this does not mean a license or certification must be issued, but simply that the process will be expedited. Click here for information and documentation examples.