Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists
NEW AND IMPORTANT UPDATES
- NOTICED FEBRUARY 23, 2024 - The Official Notice and Agenda for the March 7-8, 2024 meeting of the Board is now available.
- ADDED FEBRUARY 15, 2024 - NCEES is in the process of assembling panels of licensed structural engineers and licensed professional engineers to participate in a series of two-day meetings to determine the cut score, or establish the pass point, for the 2024 Principles and Practice of Structural Engineering exam. This process requires a cross-section of engineers from various employment positions and technical specialties. NCEES asks that you consider volunteering to assist with this important work. We hope you'll be able to help. The initial step can be found at the following link: https://ncees.org/volunteer/.
- POSTED JANUARY 10, 2024 - In the interest of safeguarding the health, safety, and welfare of the public, the California Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists is exploring the requirement for Continuing Professional Competency (CPC) through Professional Development Hours (PDFs) at the time of the biennial renewal. CPC will focus on the advancement, extension, and improvement of the technical aspects and professional skills of the licensee and on the enhancement of professional ethics. Your feedback is welcome and important. This survey is expected to be available until March 1, 2024 and should not take more than 5-10 minutes of your time and the Board appreciates your participation in the early stages of this evaluation. Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NGPLVQ7
- ANNOUNCED SEPTEMBER 6, 2023 - The Governor’s Office is currently accepting applications for the vacant Mechanical Engineer seat on the Board. Interested individuals can visit https://www.gov.ca.gov/appointments/ for more information on how to submit an application for consideration.
- ANNOUNCED AUGUST 30, 2023 - WANTED: Licensed Independent Expert Consultants for review of Enforcement Cases. If you would like to assist the Board in a worthwhile effort to protect the public by reviewing enforcement cases, we would love to hear from you! For more information visit our Technical Experts Recruitment page.
- UPDATED JULY 8, 2021 - FRAUD SCAM ALERT - The Board and the Department of Consumer Affairs have been made aware of a fraud scam targeting licensees. Read the Department's Fraud Scam Alert for more information about the scam and tips on how to avoid and report fraud scams.
- ANNOUNCED JANUARY 6, 2021 - Expedited Licensure for Refugees, Asylees, and Holders of Special Immigrant Visas.
Starting January 1, 2021, individuals in the following categories who apply for licensure by the Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists may seek an expedited licensure process.
- Refugees pursuant to section 1157 of title 8 of the United States Code;
- Those granted asylum by the Secretary of Homeland Security or the Attorney General of the United States pursuant to section 1158 of title 8 of the United States Code; or,
- Individuals with a special immigrant visa that have been granted a status pursuant to section 1244 of Public Law 110-181, Public Law 109-163, or section 602(b) of title VI of division F of Public Law 111-8.
In order to receive the expedited licensure process, individuals must provide documentation of their refugee, asylee, or special immigrant visa status when submitting their application package. Please note that this does not mean a license or certification must be issued, but simply that the process will be expedited. Click here for information and documentation examples.