Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists
NEW AND IMPORTANT UPDATES
- ANNOUNCED JULY 6, 2018 - On July 2, 2018, the California State Senate voted to approve Senate Resolution 92 which proclaims the week of July 29 - August 4, 2018, as Professional Geologist and Professional Geophysicist Week. This resolution marks the 50th Anniversary of the signing of the "The Geologist Act" by Governor Ronald Reagan which established the State Board of Registration for Geologists. The Resolution in its entirety can be viewed HERE.
- ANNOUNCED JULY 5, 2018 - The Summer 2018 Board Bulletin is now available.
- ANNOUNCED JUNE 20, 2018 - The Board is recruiting to fill its vacant Senior Registrar – Civil Engineer (Staff Civil Engineer) position. The Board’s Staff Civil Engineer reviews applications for licensure; assists the Board’s Enforcement Unit; and makes presentations to applicants, licensees, and consumers. More information about the position, including how to apply, is available HERE.
- ADDED MAY 8, 2018 - The NCEES PE Nuclear Engineer examination will be transitioning from a pencil-and-paper format to a computer-based testing (CBT) format beginning in October 2018. This will be a single-day testing event on October 19, 2018. Registration is currently open. For additional information regarding the administration of this examination, please review NCEES’ announcement regarding the examination: https://ncees.org/engineering/pe/nuclear/
- ADDED MAY 8, 2018 - The NCEES PE Fire Protection exam has new specifications beginning with the October 2018 administration. Please see NCEES’ website for additional information: https://ncees.org/engineering/pe/fire-protection/
- ADDED MAY 8, 2018 - NCEES invites you to participate in an important survey about the content of the Fundamentals of Surveying (FS) exam.
The responses to this survey will be used to determine the content tested on the FS exam and will take 20 to 30 minutes. The survey must be completed by August 20, 2018. Click HERE to access the FS content review survey. If you have any questions, please contact NCEES at FScontentreview@ncees.org. Thank you in advance for your time and assistance.
- Toll Free: 1-866-780-5370
- Phone: (916) 263-2222
- Fax: (916) 263-2246
- Address: 2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 300
Sacramento, CA 95833-2944