All applicants are required to supply the Board with a full set of fingerprints upon submittal of an application for licensure/certification. If the applicant has submitted fingerprints with a previous application to the Board, resubmittal with a subsequent application is not needed. Please click on the fingerprinting FAQs for further information and instructions.
The Geotechnical Engineer Application Forms are fillable .PDF forms. The latest version of the FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader should be installed to complete the forms. We suggest that you print a copy and complete it by hand. When you're sure all the answers are complete, open the online file again and enter your responses on the form, print it, sign it, copy it, and mail the original with all required documentation. Be sure to make a copy for your own files.
Information regarding the New Application Process
- Administration of the Geotechnical Engineer Examination
- Application Instructions (READ THESE FIRST)
- Application for License as a Geotechnical Engineer
- Engagement Record and Reference Form Instructions and Information for Applicants and References
- Engagement Record and Reference Form (You provide the envelopes)
- Examination Schedule and Final Filing Dates
- Exam Reference Materials Information
- Geotechnical Engineering Reference List
- Geotechnical Engineering Test Plan
- Information Collection and Access (Print a copy for each reference)
- Information on What Constitutes a Satisfactory Reference
- Non-California Reference Notarization Form
NOTE: Disclosure of your Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number is mandatory. Your application will not be processed without it. Click on Information Collection, Access, and Disclosure for more information.