Retaking an NCEES Exam
If you need to retake an NCEES exam, you do not need to submit a re-examination form to the California Board, or notify the California Board that you need to retake the NCEES exam. You must register with NCEES to retake the exam. To register with NCEES, log in to your MyNCEES account. You need to register with NCEES once registration opens for their next exam administration.
Retaking a California State-Specific Exam or an ASBOG Geology Exam
If you need to retake a California state-specific exam or an ASBOG geology exam, you need to submit the appropriate re-examination form and exam fee(s) to the Board prior to being authorized by the Board to schedule to retake the exam(s). An application fee is no longer required.
- Civil Engineer
- Geotechnical Engineer
- Traffic Engineer
- Land Surveyor
- Geologist or Geophysicist
- Geologist-in-Training (GIT)
Important Information Regarding Re-Examination Forms
- If you were never approved to sit for an exam, you are not eligible to use a re-examination form. You are considered a new applicant and must meet the requirements for new applicants. Please click HERE for further information.
- The re-examination form must be typed or completed online and printed. Handwritten forms are not accepted.
- If you have not already submitted your fingerprints and completed your background check, you must do this before we can process your re-examination form. Please click HERE for further information and instructions.
- The re-examination form must be signed in ink by hand. Electronic or digital signatures are not accepted.
- Do not submit a re-examination form to the Board before you receive your exam results. Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit the re-examination form as soon as they receive their exam results indicating a fail result. Re-examination forms are processed in the order received.