Do not submit your application for licensure until after you have passed the NCEES Principles and Practice of Engineering (PE) exam in the desired discipline.
Once you have passed the appropriate NCEES PE exam and have the required qualifying experience, submit your application for licensure using the online BPELSG Connect Portal. For additional information, view Use BPELSG Connect to Complete and Submit a Professional Engineer (PE) Application.
There is no final filing date. Applications can be submitted and will be accepted on a continuous basis.
Once you submit your application through BPELSG Connect, you will be able to login to your user profile to monitor the status of the application review, address any deficiencies, and communicate with Board staff.
Do not contact the Board for status updates; login to your Connect account and refer to your dashboard for status updates. The statuses are as follows:
- Under Review-The application has been received by the Board and is pending review by licensing evaluator staff.
- Technical Review-The application has been forwarded to the Senior Registrar and is pending technical review.
- Deficiency-Board staff has determined that the application is missing required information. Check the email from Board staff to resolve the deficiency.
- Exam Eligible-The applicant is eligible to take the Laws and Rules exam and/or the applicable state-specific exam. Check under the “Action” column for clarification.
- Final Review-The application is pending final review prior to licensure/certification.
- Approved-The application is approved for licensure/certification.