Professional Engineer Application
All applicants are required to supply the Board with a full set of fingerprints upon submittal of application for licensure/certification. Please click HERE for further information and instructions.
The Professional Engineer (PE) Application Forms are fillable .PDF forms. The latest version of the FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader should be installed to complete the forms. The two page application and Part A of the Engagement Record and Reference Froms MUST be typed or completed online. Handwritten forms will not be accepted.
We suggest that you print a copy and complete it by hand. When you're sure all the answers are complete, open the online file again and enter your responses on the form, print it, sign it, copy it, and mail the original with all required documentation. Be sure to make a copy for your own files.
PLEASE NOTE: If you experience problems with any of these forms, you should upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Application Instructions (3 pages) (READ THESE FIRST)
- Application for License as a Civil Engineer
- Engagement Record and Reference Form Instructions for Civil Engineer
- Application for License as a Traffic Engineer
- Application for License as a Professional Engineer offered in the Spring
- Application for License as a Professional Engineer offered in the Fall
- Instructions for Professional Engineer Engagement Record and Reference Form
- Engagement Record and Reference Form (You must provide the envelopes)
- Information Collection and Access (Print a copy for each reference)
- Exam Reference Materials Information
- Examination Schedule and Final Filing Dates
- Take-home examination
- Verification of Licensure Form for applicants with an out-of-state exam (FE, FS, PE, SE, PLS)
WARNING: If an applicant is unable to complete the NCEES Registration process or print an online form, he or she is NOT relieved of the requirement to meet the final filing date requirement. The Board is not responsible for any failure by an applicant to meet filing deadlines.
NOTE: Disclosure of your Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number is mandatory. Your application will not be processed without it. Click HERE for more information.