All applicants are required to supply the Board with a full set of fingerprints upon submittal of an application for licensure/certification. If the applicant has submitted fingerprints with a previous application to the Board, resubmittal with a subsequent application is not needed. Please click HERE for further information and instructions.
All new applications and re-exam forms, along with the required supporting documentation, must be postmarked by the final filing date for the desired exam cycle. Click HERE to view the exam schedule and final filing dates.
All applicable fees must be submitted along with the application or re-exam form in accordance with the fee schedule.
NOTE: Disclosure of your Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number is mandatory. Your application will not be processed without it. Click HERE for more information.
Application Information and FormsThe Application Form is a fillable .PDF form. The latest version of the FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader should be installed to complete the forms.
PLEASE NOTE: If you experience problems with any of these forms, you should upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- FAQs Regarding Geology and Geophysics Licensure Requirements
- FAQs Updates to the Geologist and Geophysicist Licensure Requirements
- Application for Certification as a Geologist-in-Training (GIT)
- Application for Licensure as a Professional Geologist or Geophysicist
- Application for Licensure as a Certified Engineering Geologist or Certified Hydrogeologist
- Independent Evaluation of Scope, Character and Duration of Applicant’s Qualifying Geological or Geophysical Work Experience
- Re-Examination Form for Geologist-in-Training (GIT)
- Re-Examination Form for Geologists and Geophysicists (including CEG and CHG)
- Verification of Licensure or Passage of Examinations
- Examination Schedule and Final Filing Dates
- ASBOG FG and PG Examinee Instructions
- Candidate Information Bulletin for State-Specific Exams
- Exam Statistics
- Request for Postponement of Examination Fee
Example Computer Based Testing (CBT) Questions
- Professional Geologist California Specific Examination (CSE) Examination Plan
- Professional Geophysicist (PGP) Examination Plan
- Certified Engineering Geologist (CEG) Examination Plan
- Certified Hydrogeologist (CHG) Examination Plan
- Professional Geologist California Specific Examination (CSE) Reference List
- Professional Geophysicist (PGP) Reference List
- Certified Engineering Geologist (CEG) Reference List
- Certified Hydrogeologist (CHG) Reference List