All applicants are required to supply the Board with a full set of fingerprints upon submittal of application for licensure/certification. Please click HERE for further information and instructions.
All applications and the required supporting documents must be submitted on the new forms prior to the final filing date. This includes applicants for whom the Board has a previous application form or reference forms on file, and applicants filing to take an examination that was previously failed.
Once the Board has approved your application with the requested new application forms on file, an applicant will not be required to submit new reference forms for two years.
The $250 application fee and all examination fees are due at the same time. Examination fees are specified in the fee schedule for licensees and applicants. All fees are due at the time the application is received.
NOTE: Disclosure of your Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number is mandatory. Your application will not be processed without it. Click HERE for more information.
- Professional Geologists (PG) Checklist
- Geologist-In-Training (GIT) Checklist
- Certified Engineering Geologist (CEG) Checklist
- Certified Hydrogeologist (CHG) Checklist
- Professional Geophysicist (PGP) Checklist
Professional Geologist and Geophysicist Application
The Application Form is a fillable .PDF form. The latest version of the FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader should be installed to complete the forms.
PLEASE NOTE: If you experience problems with any of these forms, you should upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Application for Examination
- Re-Examination Form (formerly Refile Application)
- Independent Evaluation
- Definitions of Critical Concepts
- Verification of Licensure or Passage of Examinations
- Request for Postponement of Examination
What to do once you receive your application approval:
Example Computer Based Testing (CBT) Questions
- Professional Geophysicist
- Professional Geologist
- Certified Engineering Geologist
- Certified Hydrogeologist
- Certified Engineering Geologist (CEG)
- Certified Hydrogeologist (CHG)
- Professional Geologist California Specific Examination (CSE)