The following is a list of recommended references for the California State examinations. References included in this list should be considered suggested materials only.
Exam Specifications for California State Engineer Exams
- The Civil Engineer Exams consists of two separate examinations: the Seismic Principles exam and the Engineering Surveying exam. Each exam format is multiple choice. Each exam is 2.5 hours in length.
- Traffic Engineer Exam
- Geotechnical Engineer Exam
- National Professional Engineer Exams
- For information regarding use of codes or standards for any other professional engineer examination offered by this Board, contact the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Land Surveying (NCEES). The NCEES toll-free telephone number is: 1-800-250-3196 or you may visit their website, www.ncees.org.
Exam Specifications for the Professional Land Surveyor Examination
- Professional Land Surveyor Examination Reference List
- California State-Specific Professional Land Surveyor examination: Test Plan
Exam Specifications for Professional Geologist and Geophysicist Examinations
- Certified Engineering Geologist
- Certified Hydrogeologist
- Professional Geologist California Specific Examination (CSE)
- Professional Geophysicist
- National Professional Geologist Exams
References for All Disciplines
- Professional Engineers Act (Business and Professions Code sections 6700-6799)
- Professional Land Surveyors Act (Business and Professions Code sections 8700-8805)
- Rules of the Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists (Title 16, California Code of Regulations sections 400- 476)
- Calculator Policies
- Geologist and Geophysicist Act (Business and Professions Code section 7800-7887)
- Regulations Relating to the Practices of Geology and Geophysics (Title 16, California Code of Regulations sections 3000-3067)