You must submit your application for review and approval by the Board before the Board will authorize you to take the NCEES professional-level exam in the discipline in which you have applied, as well as take the state-specific exam(s) (for Civil and Traffic Engineer applicants).
If you are an Agricultural, Chemical, Civil, Control Systems, Electrical, Fire Protection, Industrial, Mechanical, Metallurgical, Nuclear, or Petroleum Engineer applicant, you will submit your application through BPELSG Connect, where you will be able to login to your user profile to monitor the status of the application review, address any deficiencies, and communicate with Board staff.
Do not contact the Board for status updates; login to your Connect account and refer to your dashboard for status updates. The statuses are as follows:
- Under Review-The application has been received by the Board and is pending review by licensing evaluator staff.
- Technical Review-The application has been forwarded to the Senior Registrar and is pending technical review.
- Deficiency-Board staff has determined that the application is missing required information. Check the email from Board staff to resolve the deficiency.
- Exam Eligible-The applicant is eligible to take the Laws and Rules exam and/or the applicable state-specific exam. Check under the “Action” column for clarification.
- Final Review-The application is pending final review prior to licensure/certification.
- Approved-The application is approved for licensure/certification
If you are a Traffic Engineer applicant, do not contact the Board to verify receipt of your application. You must use a delivery method that provides tracking and delivery confirmation. Do not contact the Board within the initial 60-day period to ask about the status of your application. After the 60-day period, you may contact the Board at (916) 999-3600 or via email at BPELSG.Evaluator3@dca.ca.gov.
If the waiver request is approved by the Board, it is your responsibility to register for the discipline-specific PE exam on the NCEES website in accordance with the NCEES exam administration schedule.