Wanted: Technical Experts to Review Enforcement Cases

The Board’s Enforcement Unit is recruiting professional engineers, professional land surveyors, professional geologists, and professional geophysicists to serve technical expert consultants for complaint investigation matters. The Enforcement Unit maintains a pool of technical expert consultants in all disciplines of licensure. Currently, the Enforcement Unit especially needs more technical expert consultants who are licensed as electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, professional geologists (including certified engineering geologists and certified hydrogeologists), and professional geophysicists. However, civil engineers (including geotechnical engineers and structural engineers) and land surveyors are encouraged to submit their resumes as well.

Duties - Technical expert consultants review enforcement complaint investigation cases for compliance with the laws and regulations and the standards of care and practice. Upon completion of a review, a written report of the opinion must be submitted to the Enforcement Unit. Experts may also be asked to testify at administrative hearings regarding their opinions.

Qualifications - Technical expert consultants must be a California resident and have been licensed in California for a minimum of five years. Additionally, they cannot have been the subject of any complaints or enforcement actions.

Reimbursement - Technical expert consultants are paid an hourly rate for case review, report preparation, and actual time spent testifying at administrative hearings. Travel costs associated with testifying are reimbursed.

If you are interested in assisting the Board’s Enforcement Unit as a technical expert consultant, please submit your current resume/curriculum vitae along with the appropriate Areas of Expertise form (see links below) to the following address:

Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists
Attention: Enforcement Unit
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 300
Sacramento, CA 95833

Areas of Expertise Forms:
Land Surveyors and Civil Engineers (including Geotechnical Engineers and Structural Engineers)
Electrical Engineers and Mechanical Engineers
Professional Geologists (included Certified Engineering Geologists and Certified Hydrogeologists) and Professional Geophysicists

If you would like more information about being a technical expert consultant, you may contact the Enforcement Unit at 1-866-780-5370 or BPELS.Enforcement_Information@dca.ca.gov.