Re-Examination Forms (Previously known as Refile Application)
If you are retaking a NCEES exam, you do not need to submit a refile application, a reexamination form, or in any other way notify the California Board that you need to retake the NCEES examination. To register with NCEES, log in to your MyNCEES account: https://account.ncees.org/login. You will need to register with NCEES once registration opens for their next administration of the examination.
If you are retaking a California state exam, you will need to submit a re-examination form and exam fee prior to the posted Final Filing Date for the exam(s) you intend to take. A separate Application Fee is no longer required.
- Professional Civil Engineer
- Professional Land Surveyor
- Traffic Engineer
- Geotechnical Engineer
- Geologist and Geophysicist
If you were never approved to sit for an examination, you are not eligible to use a re-examination form. You are considered a new applicant and must meet the requirements for new applicants including the final filing date. Please click on the following link for further information: http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/apps.shtml
- All applications, new and re-examination, must be typed or completed online and printed. Handwritten forms are not accepted.
- If you have not already submitted your fingerprints and completed your background check, you must do this before we can complete your re-examination form. Please click HERE for further information and instructions.
- The re-examination form must be signed in ink by hand. Electronic or digital signatures are not accepted.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit the re-examination form at the earliest possible date. Re-examination form are processed in the order received.